Loveland Public Library’s Teen Advisory Board (or TAB) is for local middle + high school students who are interested in making a difference at their library. TAB members play a crucial role in:
- Planning + marketing teen events
- Developing the library’s young adult collection
- Creating a welcoming + safe environment for other teens at the library
TAB membership is a commitment of time. TAB meetings are once a month for one hour.
Members will earn volunteer service credit, have a direct impact on the Teen Hangout at the library.
Can I Join? YES!
- Be age 11-17 or in grades 6-12.
- Be able to commit one hour a month to attend meetings.
- Be able to commit to planning + attending TAB sponsored events in the Teen Hangout.
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Be willing to be an advocate. Promote reading + library use.
Important Dates and Events
TAB Meetings Mondays from 4:30-5:30pm unless otherwise stated
· Monday, September 9 – Orientation
· Monday, October 7 – Elections
· Monday, November 4 – 4:30-6:30pm – Team Building
· Monday, December 2 – 4:30-6:30pm – Winter Reading Kick-off Party
· Monday, January 6
· Monday, February 3
· Monday, March 2
· Monday, April 6
· Monday, May 4
Meetings begin on time. After two unexcused absences, a TAB member will lose their position and may reapply for membership.
Teen Lead Programs
Calling all nerds + book lovers. What are you passionate about? Every month we are looking for one TAB member to lead a one-hour program. Staff will help you brainstorm, facilitate the program, + provide all necessary materials.
Apply for TAB Membership
Download, print, and fill out the application. Return all membership applications to The Teen Hangout or email email@example.com.TABApplication