Loveland Public Library’s Teen Advisory Board (or TAB) is for local middle + high school students who are interested in making a difference at their library. TAB members play a crucial role in:
- Planning + marketing teen events
- Developing the library’s young adult collection
- Creating a welcoming + safe environment for other teens at the library
TAB membership is a commitment of time. TAB meetings are once a month for one hour.
Members will earn volunteer service credit, have a direct impact on the Teen Hangout at the library.
Can I Join? YES!
Fill out the TAB membership Application found below + email it to Julie.email@example.com by September 21. We will contact you with virtual meeting information.
- Be age 11-17 or in grades 6-12.
- Be able to commit one hour a month to attend meetings.
- Be able to commit to planning + attending TAB sponsored events in the Teen Hangout.
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Be willing to be an advocate. Promote reading + library use.
Important Dates and Events
In the past TAB members have had the opportunity to attend exciting events like the Teen Lit Conference and plan programs for teens in the Hangout. While this year’s TAB membership will look wildly different, we think it is important to create a space to engage with one another and advocate for the library – even if that is virtually!
Virtual Meetings from 4:30-5:30pm
Monday, September 28
Monday, October 26
Monday, November 30
Monday, January 25
Monday, February 22
Monday, March 29
Monday, April 26
Monday, May 24
Meetings begin on time. After two unexcused absences, a TAB member will lose their position and may reapply for membership.
Teen Lead Programs
Calling all nerds + book lovers. What are you passionate about? Every month we are looking for one TAB member to lead a one-hour program. Staff will help you brainstorm, facilitate the program, + provide all necessary materials.
Apply for TAB Membership
Download, print, and fill out the application. Return all membership applications to The Teen Hangout or email firstname.lastname@example.org.TABApplication