Parent & Caregiver Support during COVID-19 outbreak
Hi Loveland Public Library families, we hope everyone is taking care during this unique time! Here is a list of resources to help you and your children, learn and have some fun at home while the community is in the midst of social distancing.
The LPL children’s staff will be hosting Facebook Live Storytimes on select mornings, beginning the morning of Friday, March 20th. There will be a few minutes at the end of each storytime for kids to write in questions about storytime.
Like and Follow our Facebook page for constant updates. Otherwise, click
Virtual Storytimes & Activities with LPL Staff
Are available here, after the initial livestream! Don’t miss out on all the fun with Ms. Kris, Ms. Claudeth, Ms. Cindi, and all the rest of your librarian pals from Loveland Public Library!
Need some food?
Loveland Public Library Kids Databases
Thompson School District: TSD Learns
- TSD Learns: the web portal for Thompson School District virtual learning
- Ben Clanton’s Facebook storytimes.
- Jarrett J. Krosoczka: Award-winning author and illustrator will be hosting free drawing webcasts every weekday at 2pm EST for at least the next few weeks.
- #OperationStorytime Many famous people are sharing their love of reading by posting videos of themselves reading children’s books.
- Pete the Cat has videos of some of his books digitized.
- Storyline Online from the Screen Actors Guild, featuring actors reading picture books.
- Story Preservation Initiative: find a selection of audio stories from three master storytellers on the K-3 Storytelling Learning Lab. To access click K-3 Learning Lab on blue banner. A one-time registration is required and then click on “storytellers” and listen and enjoy at no cost.
- 100+ Free Video Read Alouds available here.
- Authors Everywhere, a Youtube Channel created and run by children’s book writers and illustrators. On this channel, you’ll find workshops, readings, activities, art projects, writing games, writing advice, and more. We hope that we can offer you some fun, some distraction, and a creative outlet for any feelings that might come up during this time.
- Be Ready Kids
- Brain Pop
- Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions Due To School Closings (big list!)
- Lakeshore Learning
- Mo Willems Lunch Doodles
- One Hundred Museums Transformed Their Collections Into Free Coloring Pages
- QuarenTime with Math Dad and Science Mom
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- #StoryMarch–The Greater Boston Illustrators’ Group dreamed up #StoryMarch as the Covid-19 pandemic took over the daily lives of everyone we know. As schools and offices close and people are stuck at home without their usual activities and diversions, we hope that #StoryMarch might be a fun way for all artists of every age to stretch themselves a little and have fun
- Time Magazine Kids At Home Activities