Using the Makerspace at Loveland Public Library
The iCreate Makerspace Lab is on the 2nd floor at Loveland Public Library, located across the hall from the technology center service desk and is open during all hours of operation. A user agreement must be read and signed before using any facilities.
To Make a Reservation
Reservations are required, and the space may be booked for up to four hours, twice per week (must be separate days). Walk-ins are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Call 970-962-2599
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email, include:
- Phone number
- Library card number
- What equipment or software you plan to use
- Date / duration of time you’d like to reserve (Example: Monday 10/16, 1:30-5pm)
Equipment Available to Use
- Watch this tutorial that teaches you how to 3D print at Loveland Public Library
- Print toys, gadgets, jewelry, models and more! $1 per 10 grams of filament, rounded to the nearest dollar.
- Download a free model at from Thingiverse, or build your own using Tinkercad.
MAC COMPUTERS AND ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD
- Brand new, 27″ 5K Retina Display iMacs complete with Keynote, Garage Band, iMovie, and more.
- Full Adobe Creative Cloud software (Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, InDesign, etc) to design artwork and create digital graphics.
- Computers not to be used for general web browsing. This can be done in the main computer lab.
- Please call (970) 962-2599 for further information.
- Digitize your artwork.
- 2-point light setup.
- Nikon Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) Camera.
- Backdrops including a grey muslin and a green screen.
- Video camera and microphone available to borrow for use in the iCreate room.
- When reserving time for use, please specify if you need a microphone, disc reader, or studio quality headphones.
LARGE FORMAT POSTER PRINTER
- $5 per linear foot (height). Rounded up to the next foot. Print up to 44 inches wide.
- JPG, PNG or PDF formats only
- You must have your poster formatted and ready to print; staff does not edit your files.
- Please have files laid out on a 44 inch wide canvas and on a flashdrive if you plan to walk in, or emailed to email@example.com
CARVEY CNC MILL
- Tabletop CNC mill from Inventables, Carvey
- Carve 2D objects using Easel, a cloud-based software
- $3 per Carvey board
- Carves woods and plastics
To Use the Makerspace for the First Time
First time users should connect with a technology librarian prior to making their first iCreate appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (970) 962-2599. This allows for technology staff to provide educational resources and tutorials to help you learn how to use the software and/or equipment prior to your reservation. At this time, staffing is very limited and staff will only be able to provide the base knowledge to start you on the equipment.
Requirements to use the Makerspace
- A Library card. Library cards can be made at any service desk with a government-issued photo ID.
- A signed iCreate user agreement form. Forms in print are available at the 2nd floor service desk, otherwise download, print, and fill out the form and bring it in with you.
- Children under 11 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Minors 11-17 must have a legal guardian sign and complete the iCreate form to grant permission to use the space.
- Usage of the equipment and software is always FREE! A small consumables charge applies to 3D print plastic (10 cents/gram), poster paper ($5/foot), and Carvey boards ($3/each)