Open Computer Lab Access
**UPDATED** The main computer lab is now open access for walk-in computer usage. Regular computer access does not need a reservation. Groups of 2+ and users of the iCreate makerspace must still make a reservation.
10am-11:00am access is reserved for vulnerable populations.
Requirements to Use the Technology Center
- Face coverings required to enter the building for all persons age 10 and over.
- Limit of 12 patrons at a time in the main computer lab
- Time limit of 1 hour and 30 minutes on all reservations (NEWLY UPDATED)
- One reservation per person per day (NEWLY UPDATED)
- Limit of 1 patron in the iCreate Makerspace at a time.
- Computer classroom will temporarily be re-assigned for patron use with a limit of 5 patrons. We encourage people coming in groups such as those with children, elderly parents, or friends to utilize and reserve a spot in this space to be seated together
- Reservations for iCreate and the classroom can only be made 2 weeks in advance
- Limited in person assistance from staff to promote social distancing. Staff will still be available to answer your questions and provide assistance at a 6 foot distance, via chat, or remote into your computer upon request.
- Card only – No cash transactions for purchasing items (earbuds, 3D prints, poster prints, flash drives).
- Free printing with a 10 page limit per patron per day; prints over 10 pages can be paid for with card.
- 10 a.m. computer access will be reserved for vulnerable individuals (click here for CDC guidelines on vulnerable individuals or click here to read the State of Colorado executive order defining vulnerable individuals).
- Staff and patrons must monitor their health and adhere to the CDC and State of Colorado health recommendations for monitoring symptoms including temperature and cough. Please do not enter the Library if you have a fever or any symptoms of COVID-19, such as cough.
- Maintain social distancing of minimum 6 feet from others.
- Hand sanitizing stations available for all.
- Computers, seating, and surfaces will be disinfected every 2 hours.
- Bathrooms are accessible, but maintain distance from others.
- Water fountains are not available at this time.
Groups (2+) and Makerspace Reservations
Groups of 2+ must still reserve the iLearn classroom, as the main computer lab cannot accommodate groups due to social distancing.
One reservation per person, per week. (NEWLY UPDATED)
Make an appointment time to pick-up and pay for your 3D print or poster print orders. Card only, no cash transactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I use a computer?
- Monday-Thursday 10am-6pm, Friday-Saturday 10am-5pm.
When are hours for vulnerable populations?
- 10 a.m. appointments will be reserved for vulnerable individuals (click here for CDC guidelines on vulnerable individuals or click here to read the State of Colorado executive order defining vulnerable individuals).
How long can I use a computer for?
- Computers can be used for 1 hour, 45 minutes each (ex: 10am-11:45am).
What if I need more time? Can I get an extension?
- At this time, extensions are limited.
How often can I use a computer?
- 1 hour, 45 minutes per, once per day.
What if I need to cancel/reschedule my group reservation or iCreate reservation?
- Staff must make the cancellation for you. Please call (970) 962-2586 or text (970) 239-8989 or email email@example.com to cancel or reschedule. Please do so as soon as possible to allow for others to use the space.
Can I walk-in and use the computer stations?
- Yes. If no computers are available, you will be placed in the waiting queue.
Can I make a group reservation?
- Groups of 2-5 may reserve the iLearn classroom for 1 hour, 45 minute sessions.
Can I make an iCreate makerspace reservation?
- Reservations for the iCreate makerspace lab to use the design software and equipment are available. Reservations will be 1 hour and 45 minutes, once per week. Staff will only be able to provide very limited assistance with iCreate makerspace equipment and software.
Are the computers being cleaned and sanitized?
- The computer stations, chairs, and surfaces are being disinfected every two hours.
What other public health measures are in place?
- Upon entry, staff will verbally screen customers for symptoms using the CDC guidelines. Every person in the building is required to wear a face covering. Social distancing measures will be in place. Hand sanitizer can be found throughout the space.. Plexiglass barriers will be installed at the main service desk. Remote assistance is highly encouraged in the computer lab.
Are restrooms and amenities available?
- Restrooms are available but please maintain social distance from others. Restrooms are being cleaned regularly by facilities staff. Water fountains are not available at this time.
What if I need help on the computer?
- Staff assistance is limited at this time. Staff can provide instructions, and remote access your computer to view the screen and provide assistance.