Please call or text ahead to let us know you’re on your way
What precautions are being taken to make sure the items I pick up will be safe?
We know that public interactions and the exchange of physical materials does pose some risk for possible exposure to the Coronavirus. With that in mind, we have instituted the following procedures in handling materials and offering curbside delivery:
- All returned items will be disinfected and quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours prior to checkout. This protocol aligns with research that shows that the virus does not live on surfaces for more than 3 days.
- Library staff working in the building will be limited to as few individuals as possible to reduce possible exposure
- All library staff working in the building are required to wear face masks and gloves when handling materials and wash hands frequently
- All staff are required to monitor their temperatures before reporting to work and to stay home if they are feeling sick or have an elevated temperature.
- Materials will be checked out to the customer, placed in a paper bag, stapled with the receipt for the materials and placed on a table in front of the library labeled with the customer’s name for touch-free pick up. Staff will manage the exchange but it will not involve hand-to-hand exchange
- Staff will be stationed outside the library to assist with pick up, but will remain at least 6 feet from any customer
How do I talk to a library staff person to get recommendations of what to check-out?
- The library is offering personalized services to help you find books, DVDs, CDs or magazines to check out and pick up.
- You may call the Customer Service number at 970-962-2586, email firstname.lastname@example.org or chat to get a personalized selection of materials checked out on your card and ready to pick up.
What about all the books I’ve had for over a month? Are they overdue?
- Exterior book drops are open to accept returned materials
- We stopped charging overdue fines at the beginning of the year, so no books will have overdue fines, even if you’ve had them longer than the original due date
- All library materials currently checked out had their due dates extended.
When can I come by to pick up my materials?
- The Library will be offering curbside pick-up Monday through Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- You will need to contact the library at 970-962-2586 before you come by so that we have your materials checked out, bagged, labeled and ready to go!
When can I get into the Library building again?
- The Library is working to create new procedures and reconfigure our service points to allow for social distancing and minimize contact. While we don’t have a precise date set for reopening the building, we are working hard to continue to provide service virtually as well as curbside as we prepare for the next stage of reopening.