Getting Started with a WordPress Website – Available to attend online!
WordPress is one of the most widely used content management systems, found on 25% of the world’s websites. This class is intended for those who are new to WordPress and need to learn the basics of the software, the terminology, and managing content effectively.
Our goal is to help you understand the history and terminology of WordPress, the basics of the WordPress interface, and provide you with the skills and confidence to start your own WordPress website.
- An introduction to WordPress
- History of WordPress
- Posts vs. Pages
- Using media in WordPress (images and links)
- Choosing and installing a Theme
- Using plug-ins
- and more!
Interested in attending online? Register for an online ticket!
What you’ll need:
- A computer or laptop with an internet connection
- Headphones or speakers
- The ability to download and install the Adobe Connect meeting browser plug-in
How it works:
- 3-5 days before class, you will receive an email with setup and troubleshooting information
- 1 day before class, you will receive an email with a link that will connect you to the digital classroom
- View the instructor’s screen, observe presentation slides, and listen to the lecture all through the digital classroom
- Ask questions via chat
If you cannot make the class, you must cancel your regisistration prior to class by calling 970-962-2599 or canceling via Eventbrite.