Ask-a-Librarian Virtual Reference Chat
Bulletin Board & Collection Cases
Teachers have the opportunity to share their classroom artwork for one month in our Children’s Department. To reserve bulletin boards, click on the links below.
|Large Bulletin Board||Small Bulletin Board|
The Loveland Public Library has many resources available for homeschooling families, including various reference materials, magazines, books and DVDs to support and reinforce teaching. We also offer an iMake lab, spaces for tutoring or school work, internet computers for ages 10 and under (and two parent stations), and databases which are available in the library and from home. Below are various websites and information on Homeschooling and alternative methods of education.
- Home School in Colorado
- Intent to Homeschool Letter
- Colorado Virtual Academy (COVA)
- Christian Home Educators of Colorado (CHEC)
- Secular Home School Support Group
- Special Needs Homeschooling
- Home School Reviews: Curriculum
- TSD L.E.A.P.: The TSD L.E.A.P. is part of the Thompson School District, open to students in grades K-‐12, and is designed to support parents who choose to school their children at home.
- Thompson Online Campus: The Thompson Online Campus provides an online educational experience for students in grades K-12 enrolled in the Thompson School District.
Teacher Library Cards
The Loveland Public Library offers a teacher check-out card. With these cards, teachers can check out items for six weeks. (Normal check-out times are for three weeks at a time.) To apply for a teacher card, please bring proof of identification and employment (paystub, id badge, etc.) to the Customer Service desk.
Bring your children or class to tour our Library! Tour requests must be received at least two weeks in advance. A Library staff member will contact you to confirm date and time for your visit.
Schedule a tour of the Library by contacting Beth Gudmestad or call 970-962-2448.
Weird Stuff to Check Out
The Loveland Public Library doesn’t just have books (which is totally awesome, of course) but we also have some “weird” stuff to check out! In the children’s department you can check out:
- Zirkel (a fun board game that promotes literacy skills)
- Media kits (music, writing etc.)
- and all sorts of Playaway bookpacks and Launchpads!