What is Brainfuse and Why Use It?
Brainfuse is a FREE, on-demand, live tutoring and help service database where users of all ages and ability levels can receive homework, learning, and job assistance anytime, anywhere. Tutors and job coaches are available every day from 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM MST. Get help with:
- Finding a job
- Online job applications
- Writing or updating a resume
- Job resources
- Career coaching
- GED prep
- US Citizenship Tests
- Microsoft Office products
- Interview preparation
- and more!
K-12 & Higher Ed
- School assignments from any subject
- Test prep & practice quizzes
- School projects
- Essays and papers
- Skill building
- Assessment tests
- and more!
To learn how to use Brainfuse, visit the helpful instructions below or stop by the Library and chat with a librarian.
HelpNow provides differentiated learning solutions for students of diverse needs and backgrounds. Students communicate with live, online tutors using an interactive, virtual whiteboard to chat, write, draw, copy/paste text or images and graph homework problems. HelpNow also offers skills building and test preparation where after taking a quiz, the user can then connect directly to a live tutor to review the topics and questions covered in the quiz. Both the student and the tutor can view the quiz questions and the corresponding student answers for an intensive test prep which may include loading lessons onto the whiteboard. All live tutoring sessions are saved and can be replayed as well as shared with friends and teachers.
The Adult Learning Center, part of HelpNow, provides foundational, career-enhancing skills to job seekers. In addition, the Adult Learning Center offers test preparation (including the GED and the US Citizenship Test) and a unique academic skills center featuring live, online tutors.
JobNow features live online help with coaches who, among other things, assist in resume/cover letter preparation, and help patrons prepare for job interviews. JobNow provides live online assistance, powerful tools, and other resources for job-seekers. Use JobNow to brush up on interview techniques or get live online interview practice from trained job coaches. Job coaches and patrons communicate via live chat in our online classroom. In addition to live interview coaching, patrons enjoy 24/7 access to interview tips and career resources. Download resume templates, submit resumes for feedback and suggestions for improvement, and access carefully-selected local job resources.
How-Tos, Tutorials, & Instructions
Brainfuse is user-friendly and easy-to-use. First time users may benefit from helpful information tutorials to help them get started! Recommended: open Brainfuse in one internet browser window and the tutorial video in the other so that you can follow along.
Instructions and Additional Guides
- How-To Guide for Using Brainfuse (downloadable PDF)
- Using the Learning Account to save your help sessions (video)
- Using SkillSurfer to find full learning modules and courses for a variety of subjets (video)
- How to use MEET for virtual, private study rooms with multiple people (video)
- Using Cloudpack, the online storage platform to store assignments or documents while you get help with them (vide)
- How to use the Writing Lab for help with essays, papers, writing assignments, etc. (PDF)
- How to use LEAP, the diagnostic test center that will help you determine skill levels and customize assignments and lesson plans (video)
- How to use Flashbulb, the Flashcard generator (PDF)
- Instrucciones (Español, PDF)