What is Career Online High School?
- Career Online High School is an online high school diploma and career certification program funded by Loveland Public Library and the Friends of the Loveland Public Library. Residents of the City of Loveland who have completed eighth grade and are 19-years-old or older are eligible to apply
- The program provides a limited number of scholarships to qualified adult learners who are looking to expand their career opportunities, prepare for workforce entry or continue their education.
- To be considered for the program, applicants will successfully complete an online self-assessment and prerequisite course, followed by an in-person interview. For details of this process please review the “How it Works” page.
- Once enrolled in the program, COHS pairs each student with an online academic coach, who provides the student with an individual career path, offers ongoing guidance, evaluates performance and connects the student with the resources needed to master the courses. Students will be given up to 18 months to complete the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
Loveland residents (at least 19 years of age) or employees of the City of Loveland who wish to earn their high school diploma and have a Loveland Public Library card. If you live in a surrounding county and your area does not provide the COHS program you may also be eligible to participate.
How will people be selected for the program?
Enrollment is limited. Adults must successfully pass an online self-assessment and prerequisite course, as well as an in-person interview, to become an applicant in the program.
Will COHS students receive their GED?
No. This is not a GED program. Successful graduates will earn a high school diploma and a career certification through an accredited online high school.
What type of career certification will be offered?
- Certified Protection Officer
- Child Care and Education
- Commercial Driving
- Food and Hospitality
- General Career Preparation
- Home Care Professional
- Homeland Security
- Hospitality and Leisure
- Office Management
- Retail Customer Service
How long will it take for students to complete the program?
Students will be given up to 18 months to complete the program, which will consist of 18 credits. Students accepted into the program may transfer up to 14 credits from their former high school. Depending on how many credits the student is able to transfer, the program can be completed in as few as five months.