TEEN ADVISORY BOARD (TAB)
What is TAB?
Loveland Public Library’s Teen Advisory Board (or TAB) is for local middle + high school students who are interested in making a difference at their library. TAB members play a crucial role in:
- Planning + marketing teen events
- Developing the library’s young adult collection
- Creating a welcoming + safe environment for other teens at the library
TAB membership is a commitment of time. TAB meetings are once a month for one hour. Members will earn volunteer service credit, have a direct impact on the Teenseen at the library, + receive fines free status on their library card!
Can I Join?
- Be in grades 6-12.
- Be able to commit one hour a month to attend meetings.
- Be able to commit to planning + attending TAB sponsored events in the Teenseen.
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Be willing to be an advocate. Promote reading + library use.
TAB Meetings (all meetings 4:30-5:30pm unless otherwise stated)
- Monday, September 17 – Orientation
- Monday, October 1 – Officer Elections
- Monday, November 1 – 4:30-6:30pm – Team Building
- Monday, December 3
- Monday, January 7
- Monday, February 4
- Monday, March 4
- Monday, April 1
- Monday, May 6
- Thursday, December 20 – 4:30-5:30pm – Holiday Party
- Friday, January 25 – 4:30-6pm – Bake Sale Prep
- Saturday + Sunday, January 26 + 27 – 9am-3pm – Bake Sale
- Thursday, February 14 – 4:30-5:30pm – Valentine’s Party
- Saturday, April 13 – All Day – Teen Lit Conference in Denver *space is limited*
- Thursday, May 23 – 4:30-5:30pm – End of School Party
Meetings begin on time. After two unexcused absences, a TAB member will lose their position and may reapply for membership.
Teen Lead Programs
Calling all nerds + book lovers. What are you passionate about? Every month we are looking for one TAB member to lead a one-hour program. Staff will help you brainstorm, facilitate the program, + provide all necessary materials.
Return all membership applications to the TeenSeen or email email@example.com.