On February 20th 2017, Loveland Public Library is joining the Flatiron Library Consortium (FLC)!
The FLC is a group of local libraries (Boulder, Louisville, Broomfield, Longmont, and Lafayette) that has pooled their resources to offer more materials and an improved system for searching our library catalog!
What Does This Mean?
- Loveland cardholders will have access to all titles in the FLC catalogs, without having to get a new card or do anything different.
- When you search our catalog, you will also see all the materials in the other libraries.
- Like Prospector, you can place holds from the catalog on materials in any of the participating libraries, and your materials will be sent to Loveland when available.
- Loveland patrons will have first chance at all Loveland materials before they are sent to other libraries.
- Likewise, customers from other member libraries will be able to request items from the Loveland collection.
- Prospector will still be accessible for items that are not available within the FLC, but when we join FLC, you will be able to search it from within the catalog.
- Loveland cardholders will have priority access to Loveland items. (This means that Loveland items will always fill Loveland patrons’ requests first.)
- Loveland items will then help fill the requests of patrons from other libraries.
- The hold queue will be longer as it will include requests placed by patrons in all member libraries, but there will be more copies of items available and the lists will move faster.
- With our new system, you will be able to rate and review books for other patrons to see, and the system will be able to produce more personalized suggestions for you.
- You will also be able to create lists and post or share them with friends, book clubs, or social media.
How to Export Your Reading History
Here are the steps to check if you have enabled* reading history and export it.
(Reading history is an opt-in service only. If you have never enabled it, you will not be able to export it.)
- Go to the Loveland Library’s website: www.lovelandpubliclibrary.org
- Click the button My LPL Account on the home page.
- On the My Library Account Login screen, enter your library card name & number.
- Choose the My Reading History icon.
- If you have enabled your Reading History, it will show on this screen.
- Choose Export Reading History.
- Complete the dialog box. For simplicity, we recommend the following settings:
a. Format of List: Brief Display (Full Display includes all subject headings, etc.)
b. Send List To: Email or Local Disk (this will create a text file that you can save).