The Loveland Public Library is a dynamic, evolving organization, dedicated to providing our community members equal access to the space, information, and resources they need.
We are a medium-sized library serving a community of 70,000, tucked in the Front Range of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. We completed a LEED Gold-certified renovation and expansion in 2012, with special focus on cutting-edge technologies and education resources. The mission of the Loveland Public Library is to inform, enrich, and inspire, thereby engaging and strengthening the community.
- To assemble, preserve, and administer, in organized collections, print and nonprint educational and recreational materials to promote the communication of ideas.
- To serve the community as a center of reliable information and to support educational, civic, and cultural activities of individuals, groups, and organizations.
- To help the public access information and materials needed to fulfill their projects, providing the best possible services in a comfortable, professional atmosphere.
Learn more about the ways we are pursuing our mission, and the rules for patrons of the Loveland Public Library in our LPL Policies Document, approved Sept 8, 2015.
300 N. Adams Ave.
Loveland, CO 80537
Library Director | Diane Lapierre
Library Technology and Innovation
(Sept thru May) 1pm-5pm
(June thru Aug) CLOSED
Click for this year's upcoming closures
New Year's Day
Thanksgiving Eve = close at 5pm
New Year's Eve = close at 3pm
Patrons of Longmont, Lafayette & Loveland branches are able to call 303-774-4693 and renew by phone!
Check out up to 50 items per card, at the Loveland Public Library (other borrowing limits listed below.)
- Books, eReaders, Books on CD, Music CDs, Periodicals, Graphic Novels = 3 weeks
- New Adult & Teen Books, Quick Reads, Encyclopedias, Children's Kits & Book Bags = 2 weeks
- DVDs = 1 week
- Book Club Kits = 6 weeks
- Prospector Loans = varies
- DVDs, Books on CD, Periodicals, Graphic Novels = limit 10 each type
- Encyclopedias, Children's Kits & Book Bags = limit 1 each type
- You can renew most items up to three times unless someone else has requested that item.
- Late fees: 20 cents per item per day
- Replacement library card: $2.00
- Lost or damaged materials: Cost of item + $10 processing fee.
- Any accounts owing $50 or more may be sent to a collection agency and incur an additional $20.00 collection fee.
- Computer/Typewriter/Copier: $0.10/page B&W, $0.50/page color.
Friends of the Loveland Public Library Foundation accepts donations of books and media via dropbox at any time. Otherwise, they are open Wednesdays, 10am-2pm:
The Sorting Place
1010 W. 10th St
Loveland, CO 80537
To make a monetary donation, please contact the Library Director at 970-962-2404 or donate online through the Friends of the Library website.
We love working here, and we think you will too!
You can fill out and application and upload your resume online.View Current City of Loveland Openings Here.
We depend on our fantastic volunteers in our work every day. Our volunteers work in every area of the library, and tackle tasks including:
- Delivering books and media to the homebound
- Welcoming patrons and offering library tours
- Helping teach iLearn Technology classes
- Offering Maker Space workshops for kids: crafts, arts, technology, science, etc.
- Assisting with local history and genealogy research
- Leading talks and programs for adults (present your topic!)
- Serving as Waggin' Tales canine reading audience